This mixtape is probably the closest I'll ever get to attempting to start a dance party. (If you've been paying attention the first one was about squiggly noises, the next was about the horrible death-slash-transcendent ascendance of humanity. That's more my style.)
Reading Arcade as an outsider—an east coaster among west coasters (I think you're all west coasters?), a non-academic among academics—it sometimes seems as if there is a rich, offline soil in which the conversations that go on here flower and grow. A soil that is unavailable to an east coaster pounding Manhattan concrete.
In case my imagination has anything to do with reality, maybe you'll consider playing this at your next dance party. On soil. Consider the fact that it might be better to have a dance party on concrete. A bit easier to do your best moves.
What was I talking about? Huh, sort of lost the thread there. Damn you internet!
Anyway, here is the track list. You can also download it here.
1. King Creosote & Jon Hopkins "Bubble" (edit)
2. Clams Casino “Uknown”
3. Toro y Moi “New Beat”
4. Todd Rundgren “Does Anybody Love You?”
5. Climax Blues Band “Couldn’t Get It Right”
6. Iron & Wine “Your Fake Name Is Good Enough For Me” (edit)
7. Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 “Rise”
8. Kalahari Surfers “Houghton Parents”/”Potential Aggressor” (edit)
9. Jai Paul “BTSU”
10.Lone “Coreshine Voodoo”
11. Musical Youth “Pass the Dutchie”
12. Roxy Music “Avalon”
13. Gotye “Somebody That I Used to Know” (unreleased)
14. Hannah Cohen “Don’t Say” (unreleased)
15. Mina Tindle “Untitled” (edit / unreleased)
16. Clarence Clemons & the Red Bank Rockers “A Man in Love”